1. ProCompression Socks and all their amazing support and fun colors. My calves are happier on those long runs.
2. Lancome Definicils Mascara – I’ve been on a lifelong search for the just the right mascara. This one suites my makeup style just right. Being more on the natural side, this mascara defines more than it thickens and lengthens.
3. I “heart” my Jawbone mini Jambox speaker. It makes my iTunes come to life. I made the purchase on a whim about a year ago not exactly sure how this little device would fit in my life. Currently I find myself working more late nights and weekends, so I crank it up loud in my office and it makes those extra lonely work hours feel more like a solo party. I’m baffled as to why more people don’t want to join me during those hours.
5. Cooler temperatures mean it’s time to pull out the running tights. I saw these compression tights in a fashion show at our local iRun store a couple of weeks ago and discovered they feel like butter. Who wouldn’t want to go for a long run in a pair of pants that feel like butter? I mean, really.
6.Kendra Scott earrings have been all the rage lately, only I had no idea how extensive the collection was until I made a store visit for a fundraiser a couple of weeks ago. The statement jewelry fad is fun and amazing, but not really my thing. However, this dainty little jewel made it’s way to my jewelry box and I have worn it almost every other day since. Besides the amazing jewelry, the Kendra Gives Back philanthropy efforts warm my heart. They hosted a fundraising event for my beloved Girls on the Run local council and donated 20% of the proceeds one evening back to us. It was like a charming event complete with Champagne and snacks.
9. Fall TV shows are on and I am one of the biggest Parenthood fans out there! If you haven’t seen this show, it’s a must. The current story line on Amber’s unplanned pregnancy hits very close to home and it has sparked a walk down memory lane for me. As hard as it is to believe, I will be an empty nester in less than a year. Oh my soul!
PS. You should know that unplanned pregnancies are 100% preventable.
10. Girls on the Run. It always makes the list. This week I had the opportunity to sub for one of our coaches. My experience with GOTR started in coaching and the direct interaction with the girls is something that I really miss doing. Although I know it takes a village to make the organization run and I am a part of that village, when I have the chance to visit, run, and hang out with the girls it makes my day.
Coach Lindsey led a lesson that encouraged the girls to explore their personal values.
Through a variety of games and thought provoking discussion, the girls learned more about what they each believe in and how it might be different from their peers. They covered topics like honesty, compassion, healthy living, and respect. Girls on the Run really is so much fun!
11. YOU! As a bonus to my list, I am adding each of you. I am grateful for your visits to this page and the virtual support for my interest and love for GOTR. You can support me and this organization further by donating to my fundraising campaign here, SOLEMATES PAGE. The race is just about 6 weeks away and I am $365.00 short of my goal.
P.S. Training is moving right along. Last week’s long run was 12 miles and went much smoother than the 11 mile run. So much so that we finished just shy of the time we clocked for the 11 miles. Celebration time!!